What a surprisingly easy and quick no sew project using only hot glue and red and blue patriotic bandanas from the Dollar Tree!!! I opted to pin on a little bling to the center of these gems to make them fancier of course! You should definitely try this project out for your self–the color options are endless!
- 2-4 bandana scarves
- hot glue gun
- 3-4 hot glue sticks
- poly fill
- bling of your choice
You need to decide how many of these “for fun” pillows you’d like to make and then be sure to buy 2 bandanas for each one–your front and your back side! I found these at the Dollar Tree so it cost me $2 to make 2 pillows.
I chose to use what I had handy and that was my favorite CORDLESS HOT GLUE GUN. Of course, if you prefer, you can use fabric glue, you can use bonding tape, or you can even just sew this pillow!
STEP BY STEP
- Lay your first bandana ‘wrong side’ up and apply glue to the squared off section.
- Be sure to leave one of your four sides unglued so that you can stuff your pillow.
- Apply the second bandana scarf ‘wrong side’ down. Press the two together until they bond. TIP: It’s virtually impossible to get the two scarves to match up exactly and that’s ok. Use as much hot glue as needed to bond the scarves together.
- Stuff the pillow with polyfill being careful to poke the fill all the way into your corners (you can use a pencil to help poke). Even out the fill until it looks somewhat smooth.
- Hot glue your final side of the pillow being careful to push back the fill out of your way. This part takes patience and again, it doesn’t have to be exact.
- Add your bling piece to the center of your pillow.
Optionally, you can tie off your corner with a pretty ribbon or tie the corners. I prefer the casual, loose look
RED, WHITE and BLING!
There you go. Fast, simple no-sew pillows for your last minute summertime get together. Enjoy!
Did you catch my Facebook Live of making this?
Be sure to like & follow Southern Crush at Home on Facebook for more fun live projects!
IF YOU’D LIKE TO SEE MY TOP 5 HOME DECOR IDEAS VIEW THEM HERE
>>Leave your thoughts below in the comments please… BTW— Life is short—Enjoy the mess! I hope you try out this easy DIY project for yourself, it’s fun to get creative with your napkin choices and it can really add interest to any space indoors or out! It reminds me of another fun pillow project using stencils as well as one other summertime DIY project where I made watermelon poolside coasters. **P.S. Please join us over on our Facebook Page to see more fun projects “Live”.