Red, white and blue for the win! What a fun use for a decorative cutting board! This patriotic DIY decor project was easy and unique. See the whole process for yourself…
>>>BE SURE TO PIN THIS PROJECT FOR LATER!<<<
- Cutting Board of choice
- Red, white and blue acrylic paints
- White chalk-type paint
- Letter stencils
- Stencil brush
- Paint brush
- Painters tape
STEP BY STEP
- Using painters tape, mark off the cutting board into your desired sections.
- Paint the bottom portion, I chose royal blue.
- Paint the second half of the cutting board, I chose red.
- Let your paint dry thoroughly.
- Stencil your white stripes in desired locations.
- Stencil your desired lettering, I chose the Rae Dunn inspired letters “U-S-A”.
- After the paint dries, take your fabric scraps and make a bow at the top. I used a rubber band to secure it, but you can use floral wire or twine.
LIVE VIDEO TUTORIAL
If you missed the facebook live video, you can watch it here…
This project is a little on the whimsical side to me and I love it! It is perfect to display on a buffet table, a picnic table or as part of a larger centerpiece! Where could you display this piece?
I love a holiday projects, how about you? Did you see the one I did where I made pillows with these same red and blue bandanas! Check it out here –>> No Sew Bandana Scarf Bling Pillows!