Here’s the deal. I’ve tried making different fancy bows over the years, and most of them were tricky and intimidating to create. So naturally, I would stick with your basic “tie your shoe” loop-ty loop bow. However, I’ve since discovered that some of the simplest of bows can be the prettiest! In fact, one day when I was “messing around” LOL,– this ‘messy’ bow came to life and it truly fits my decorating style perfectly! Join me and see for yourself how this messy bow is made…
>>>BE SURE TO PIN THIS FOR LATER!<<<
This DIY bow uses your full creativity–literally the only thing you need is your favorite scraps of cotton fabric, burlap pieces and floral wire. Get creative and use a wide variety of colors and patterns. The more the merrier when it comes to a messy bow!
This will make a mess! Lay down a towel underneath your project for easy cleanup.
If you missed the live video tutorial, you can catch it HERE.
STEP BY STEP
- Cut approx 1/4-1/2″ strips of material. This does not have to be exact.
- Take each strip and wrap loosely or tightly around your fingers depending on the size of bow you’d like to create.
- Pull the strips off of your fingers and tie a 4-5″ piece of floral wire around the center and twist tightly.
- Take a pair of scissors and cut the ends through the hoops.
- Shake the bow holding the floral wire as a handle.
- Pull the strips down into a bouquet and trim the top of them until they are at your desired length.
- Shake some more (this is the messy part) and fluff until you like the way it looks.
- Use the wire to attach your new messy bow to your favorite project or gift!
VIOLA! A MESSY BOW…
That’s it! Easy DIY bow that can be changed out for the seasons or occasion! I just love making these!